You are currently viewing the 2021 - 2022 Academic Catalog/Student Handbook. The current catalog is located here
|Prerequisites: CIS 110 or CIS 111
|Effective Term: Summer 2014
|This course covers the basic hardware of a personal computer, including installation, operations and interactions with software. Topics include component identification, memory-system, peripheral installation and configuration, preventive maintenance, hardware diagnostics/repair, installation and optimization of system software, commercial programs, system configuration, and device-drivers. Upon completion, students should be able to select appropriate computer equipment and software, upgrade/maintain existing equipment and software, and troubleshoot/repair non-functioning personal computers.
|1. Identify appropriate computer equipment and software based on organizational needs.
2. Demonstrate ability to upgrade/maintain existing equipment and software.
3. Repair non-functioning personal computers.
2014FA - New Course Version (S23679)
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study