You are currently viewing the 2021 - 2022 Academic Catalog/Student Handbook. The current catalog is located here.
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|LEX 130||Civil Injuries||3||0||0||3|
|Effective Term: Fall 2000|
This course covers traditional tort concepts and the evolving body of individual rights created by statute. Topics include intentional and non-intentional torts with emphasis on negligence, strict liability, civil rights, workplace and environmental liability, remedies, and damages. Upon completion, students should be able to recognize, explain, and evaluate elements of civil injuries and related defenses.
2012FA - New Local Prereq: ENG 090 and RED 090
2014FA - Revised Local Prereq from ENG 090 and RED 090 to DRE 098
2019SP - Revised Local Prereqs: Delete DRE 098
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Paralegal Technology - Legal Assistant - Certificate (Day and Evening)
- Paralegal Technology - Associate in Applied Science (Day)
- Paralegal Technology - Associate in Applied Science (Evening)
- Paralegal Technology - Diploma (Day and Evening)