Nsg Transition Concepts
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|NUR 214||Nsg Transition Concepts||3||0||3||4|
|Prerequisites: Admission to the ADN LPN to RN Option and BIO 168 and BIO 169 and PSY 150 and PSY 241|
|Effective Term: Summer 2009|
This course is designed to introduce concepts within the three domains of the individual, healthcare, and nursing as the LPN transitions to the ADN role. Emphasis is placed on the concepts within each domain including evidenced-based practice, quality improvement, communication, safety, interdisciplinary team, clinical decision-making, informatics, assessment, caring, and health-wellness-illness. Upon completion, students should be able to provide safe nursing care incorporating the concepts identified in this course.
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Associate Degree Nursing - Advanced Placement (LPN-ADN transition) - Associate in Applied Science (Day )
- Associate Degree Nursing - LPN RIBN - Associate in Applied Science (Day )