Survey of Economics
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|ECO 151||Survey of Economics||3||0||0||3|
|Effective Term: Summer 1997|
This course introduces basic concepts of micro- and macroeconomics. Topics include supply and demand, optimizing economic behavior, prices and wages, money, interest rates, banking system, unemployment, inflation, taxes, government spending, and international trade. Upon completion, students should be able to explain alternative solutions for economic problems faced by private and government sectors. This course has been approved to satisfy the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement general education core requirement in social/behavioral sciences.
2014FA - Revised Local Prereqs from RED 090 to DRE 098 and MAT 070 to DMA 030
2016FA - Revised Local Prereqs to DMA-060 and DRE-098; DMA-060 crosswalk for MAT 070 archived by the NCCCS.
2019SP - Revised Local Prereq: Add ENG 002 and MAT 003
2022FA - Removed Local Prereq ENG 002 and MAT 003
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Accounting and Finance - Accounting Track - Associate in Applied Science (Day)
- Accounting and Finance - Financial Services Track - Associate in Applied Science (Day and Online)
- Business Administration - General Track - Associate in Applied Science (Day, Evening and Online)
- Business Administration - International Business Global Track - Associate in Applied Science (Day, Online)
- Business Administration - Public Administration Track - Associate in Applied Science (Day, Evening and Online)