You are currently viewing the 2022 - 2023 Academic Catalog/Student Handbook. The current catalog is located here.
Medical Terminology I
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|MED 121||Medical Terminology I||3||0||0||3|
|Effective Term: Summer 1997|
This course introduces prefixes, suffixes, and word roots used in the language of medicine. Topics include medical vocabulary and the terms that relate to the anatomy, physiology, pathological conditions, and treatment of selected systems. Upon completion, students should be able to pronounce, spell, and define medical terms as related to selected body systems and their pathological disorders.
2014FA - Revised Local Prereq from RED 090 to DRE 098
2019SP - Revised Local Prereq: Add ENG 002
2022FA - Removed Local Prereq ENG 002
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Health Information Technology - Associate in Applied Science (Day and Online)
- Medical Assisting - Associate in Applied Science (Day)
- Medical Assisting - Diploma (Day)
- Medical Office Administration - Medical Billing & Coding Track - Associate in Applied Science (Day and Evening)
- Therapeutic Massage - Massage Practitioner II - Certificate (Day )
- Therapeutic Massage - Massage Practitioner II - Certificate (Evening Part-time)
- Therapeutic Massage - Associate in Applied Science (Day)