|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|RCT 131||Racing Man/Trans/Pwtrains||2||3||0||3|
|Effective Term: Fall 2008|
This course covers transmissions and power train components currently available for racing including operation, application, diagnosis, repair and adjustment. Topics include the theory of torque, power flow, gear types, gear ratios, gear preparation for the transmission, and final drive assemblies. Upon completion, students should be able to demonstrate knowledge of operational theory, and diagnose and repair manual transmissions and power trains used for racing.
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Race Car Technology - Racing Engines - Certificate (Day and Evening)
- Race Car Technology - Associate in Applied Science (Day)