Race Car Set-up
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|RCT 256||Race Car Set-up||3||6||0||5|
|Prerequisites: RCT 141 and RCT 151|
|Effective Term: Fall 2008|
This course covers proper chassis, spring, and shock selection, and proper communication with the driver to verify necessary component adjustments at the track. Topics include selection of springs and shocks, vehicle adjustments, and proper documentation of control arm angles, frame height, and chassis travel. Upon completion, students should be able to check tire temperature and shock travel, and explain how changes in the chassis set-up will affect performance.
2012FA New Local Prereqs: RCT 141 and RCT 151
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Race Car Technology - Race Car Setup - Certificate (Day and Evening)
- Race Car Technology - Associate in Applied Science (Day)