What is my student ID number?

You can find out your student ID number by:

  • Contacting the ITS Help Desk
  • Contacting your advisor
  • Contacting the Records Office at 336.734.7472
  • Looking on your schedule, or a payment receipt.
  • Checking your transcript under your Academic Profile in Webadvisor (on Techlink).


What are the different locations where I can obtain a Student ID card?

The locations are:

  • Main Campus / 336.723.0371
  • Grady P. Swisher Center in Kernersville / 336.734.7903
  • Mazie Woodruff Center / 336.734.7950
  • Northwest Center in King / 336.734.7050 and Stokes Center in Stokes County / 336.593.2482 share a mobile ID unit (call for availability)


How do I change my name?

Please report a name change or change of address to the Records Office located on Main Campus in the Robert L. Strickland Center – 336.734.7472. When completing a name change form, bring two forms of identification to the Records Office (i.e., court document, pictured ID/driver’s license, and/or signed SSN card.)


How do I change my address?

Address changes can be completed on my.forsythtech.edu. Enter your TechID and password and follow the instructions.


Where do I go to appeal my residency status?                                            

Residency is no longer determined by Forsyth Tech.  All students, parents, faculty, staff, and constituents of the North Carolina Community College System should refer to the Residency website at www.ncresidency.org  for more current details regarding the North Carolina Residency Determination Service, processes and required residency guidelines.


Can you send me a catalog?

Our catalogs are only available electronically. We no longer print copies. Access the catalog  here.


Where can I find an academic calendar?

The latest Academic Calendar can be found on our website as part of the Academic Catalog here.


How do I request a campus tour?

You can submit your request for a campus tour here, or call 336.734.7326.


Can I bring my child to class?

Children are not allowed in classrooms or shop areas during class sessions, nor may they be left unattended in the library, in The Grill, student lounge or on campus grounds (Student Code of Conduct Rule 13).


Is there a cafeteria or restaurant on campus?

The Grill at Forsyth Tech housed on the bottom floor of the Hauser building offers daily specials as well as a wide variety of delicious breakfast and lunch selections.

The Bytes & Beans Café on main campus at the North End of the Parkway building offers premium coffee products, sandwiches, salads, snacks, cakes and pies.

In addition, there are vending machines in several buildings and the bookstore offers drinks and snacks.