Program of Study
Instruction will focus on hands skilled training in digital editing for audio and video. Students will also study the history of media, performance for audio and video, copywriting for audio and video, news writing, broadcast sales, broadcast law and ethics, broadcasting programming and management. Students will work in teams, groups, and individually. The program models an industry workflow with the assignment of many projects with strict due dates.
There are two options in the Broadcasting and Production Technology Program.
The Radio Production Diploma will focus on skill development specifically related to audio/radio production and performance. The Diploma may be completed in 3 semesters if students enroll full time and follow the published pathway (click on Radio Production – Diploma under Program Offerings).
The Broadcasting and Production Technology Associate in Applied Science will teach skills in audio/radio production and performance as well as television/video production. The AAS degree may be completed in 5 semesters if a student enrolls full time and follows the published pathway(click on Broadcasting and Production Technology – Associate in Applied Science under Program Offerings).
Students may enter the program in the fall semester or spring semester. Enrollment is limited and students are registered on a first come first serve basis. The cap is 20 new students in fall and 20 new students in spring. All options include at least one summer semester.
- Technical Standards
- Hands on training on audio/video studio, control room and production equipment.
- Hands on training in audio/video field production including microphones, lighting, cameras and audio recording equipment.
- Instruction using primarily Adobe CC – Audition, Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop.
- Audio Recording Engineer
- Freelance Video Producer/Director
- Multimedia Writer/ Producer
- Radio/TV News or Sports Reporter
- Radio/TV On-air Personality
- TV/Motion Picture Production Assistant
- Television editor or other crew position
- Podcasting talent/production
- Corporate media
- Institutional/educational media
- Commercial copywriting radio/television
Industry Career Opportunities
- Advertising Agencies
- Recording Studios
- Radio Stations
- TV Stations
- Radio and TV Networks
- Video Production Facilities
- Corporate Media
- Education Media
- Social Media/Digital Media
- Podcasting Producer/Director/Talent
- Strong reading, writing, and grammar skills
- Competency in MS Office Suite and basic computer functions
- Ability to follow multi-step instructions
- Ability to spend many hours daily reading/viewing a computer screen
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments/projects
- Strong organizational and planning skills
Helpful Personal Attributes
Good analytical, problem-solving, and time management skills. Engaged and interested in media, creative, and good research skills. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team. Strong internal drive, competitive and motivated to succeed.
|Broadcasting and Production Technology - Fall Entry||Associate in Applied Science||Day||A30120|
|Broadcasting and Production Technology - Radio Production||Diploma||Day||D30120RP|
|Broadcasting and Production Technology - Spring Entry||Associate in Applied Science||Day||A30120|
If you would like additional information about the Broadcasting and Production Technology Program, contact Amy Davis-Moore, Program Coordinator, at 336.734.7584 or email@example.com.