Program of Study
The CT Imaging Technology certificate curriculum prepares the individual to use specialized equipment to visualize cross-sectional anatomical structures and aid physicians in the demonstrations of pathologies and disease processes. Individuals entering this curriculum must be credentialed by the ARRT and/or NMTCB in Radiography, Radiation Therapy, or Nuclear Medicine Technology.
Course work prepares Technologists to provide patient care and perform studies utilizing imaging equipment, professional communication, and quality assurance in scheduled and emergency procedures through academic and clinical studies
- Download the Minimum Admissions Requirements (MAR) Packet
- Program Detail
- CT Imaging Technical Standards
ARRT CT credentialed Technologists work in hospitals, imaging centers, physician offices, and research facilities.
Recommended Courses and Skills
Admitted students will be required to show proof of certification and registration in Radiography or Radiation Therapy by the ARRT and/or, in Nuclear Medicine Technology by the ARRT or the NMTCB. Students enrolled in the final semester of Radiography, Radiation Therapy, or Nuclear Medicine Technology programs, are required to show proof of ARRT or NMTCB certification and registration prior to the start of their entering semester.
Helpful Personal Attributes
- Critical thinker and analytical problem-solver
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Socially perceptive
- Clear, efficient, and effective verbal, nonverbal, and written communication skills
- Possess a sense of responsibility, initiative, independence, and accountability
- Adaptable in various situations
- Ability to work and interact with diverse groups and individuals of various ages, cultural backgrounds, and degrees of illness
- Able to lift or move at least 50 pounds
|Program||PROGRAM CREDENTIAL LEVEL||OFFERED||CODE||Structured Education Certificate*||Certificate||Online||C45200SE|
|*CT Clinical Experience course is offered through Economic Mobility & Workforce Development|
If you would like additional information about the CT Imaging Technology Program, contact Cindy Smith, Program Coordinator, at email@example.com or call 336.734.7560.