Readmission to the Practical Nursing Program
If you are seeking readmission to a nursing program, you must check with Sharon Moore, Director of Nursing, to discuss eligibility and application process for readmission. Ms. Moore may be contacted by email at email@example.com or phone at 336-734-7569.
|Semester of Entry||Deadline|
|Spring 2020||Thursday, September 19, 2019|
|Summer 2020||Thursday, March 19, 2020|
|Fall 2020||Friday, June 12, 2020|
Any student who is currently in the ADN or PN program, but needs to repeat a nursing course in order to continue, must obtain a “Request for Readmission Review” form from faculty or the Nursing Staff Assistant. This form, along with the letter requesting readmission must be submitted to the Director of Nursing prior to the readmission deadline date.
*Please note these readmission guidelines and deadlines do not apply to students enrolled in NUR 111 or NUR 101. Students who are unsuccessful in NUR 111 or NUR 101 must apply to begin the program over as a new student and complete the MAR requirements to compete for a seat for the next program entry term through the Admissions Office.
Students seeking readmission who have been out of the ADN or PN program for one year or longer must follow this application process:
- Go to the Admissions Office and complete the online Residency Determination Service (RDS) and an Application for Admission. You CANNOT use the online application. Please notify the Admissions Receptionist that you need to apply for nursing readmission. When asked for the program of study on the application, you must indicate “Readmission into the Associate Degree Nursing or Practical Nursing Program”.
- A letter addressed to the Director of Nursing must accompany the application. Information regarding the content of this letter can be found in your Nursing Student Policy Book under “Readmission.”
- As a former student, all your transcripts should be on file. However, if you have attended another college or university since leaving the nursing program, you must submit official transcripts to proceed in the readmission process.
- TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) Requirement:
All qualified applicants will be required to submit valid TEAS results with a passing rate of 60% or higher for ADN and 42% or higher for PN. If you have taken the most recent version of TEAS at a college other than Forsyth Tech within the past 2 years, you must submit those scores with your application. The TEAS must be valid through the deadline date for the semester for which you are applying (see above). If your TEAS has outdated, you will need to take it again to meet the readmission requirements. You will receive information regarding testing sessions once your file is complete and has been reviewed for eligibility.
- The application process and TEAS testing must be completed by the deadlines specified above. There will be NO exceptions. It is important that you plan ahead to allow for time to complete the TEAS by the deadline.
- All applicants will be ranked using selective readmission criteria. Readmitted students must meet the admission and graduation requirements for the class they are entering.
Eligible nursing readmission applicants are accepted on a space availability basis. Due to the determination of space availability, readmission applicants will be notified by the nursing department regarding their status just prior to the start of the semester for which they applied. Questions about readmission status should be directed to the nursing department.
The Director of Nursing will make the final determination in regards to readmitting applicants.