Readmission to the Practical Nursing Program
If you are seeking readmission to a nursing program, you must check with the Department Chair or Director of Nursing to discuss eligibility and application process for readmission.
|Semester of Entry||Deadline|
|Spring 2019||Thursday, October 25, 2018|
|Summer 2019||Thursday, February 21, 2019|
Students seeking readmission to the Practical Nursing program must complete the following:
- Go to the Admissions Office and complete the online Residency Determination Service
(RDS) and an Application for Admission. You CANNOT use the online application, please ask the receptionist for a paper application. When asked for the program of study, you must indicate “Readmission into the Practical Nursing Program”.
- Readmission to the Practical Nursing program must occurs within 13 months of successful completion ( a grade of B or higher) of a NUR course.
- Any student seeking readmission must meet the admission requirements that were in effect for the class he/she will be joining.
- Only 1 readmission to the Practical Nursing Program is permitted.
- A letter addressed to the Director of Nursing must accompany the application.
Information regarding the content of this letter can be found in your Practical Nursing Student Policy Book under “Readmission.”
- As a former student, all your transcripts should be on file. However, if you have attended another college or university since leaving the nursing program, you must submit official transcripts to proceed in the readmission process.
- TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) Requirement: All qualified applicants will be required to submit valid TEAS results with a passing rate of 42% or higher for PN. If you have taken TEAS at a college other than Forsyth Tech within the past 2 years, you must submit those scores with your application. The TEAS must be valid through the deadline date for the semester for which you are applying (see above). If your TEAS has outdated, you will need to take it again to meet the readmission requirements. You will receive information regarding testing sessions once your file is complete and has been reviewed for eligibility.
- The application process and TEAS testing must be completed by the deadlines specified above. There will be NO exceptions. It is important that you plan ahead to allow for time to complete the TEAS by the deadline.
- All applicants will be ranked using selective readmission criteria. Readmitted students must meet the admission and graduation requirements for the class they are entering.
Eligible nursing readmission applicants are accepted on a space availability basis. Due to the determination of space availability, readmission applicants will be notified by the nursing department regarding their status just prior to the start of the semester for which they applied. Questions about readmission status should be directed to the nursing department.
The Director of Nursing will make the final determination in regards to readmitting applicants.
*Please note these readmission guidelines and deadlines do not apply to students enrolled in NUR 101. Students who are unsuccessful in NUR 101 must reapply to the nursing program following the admission process.