Transferring into the Radiography Program
If you are currently enrolled in a radiography program at another college or university and are interested in transferring into the radiography program at Forsyth Tech, there are specific requirements that must be met for you to be considered for admission beyond the first semester.
You must have successfully completed at least the first semester of a radiography program (must have included radiography coursework (i.e. RAD 110, RAD 111 and RAD 151 clinical) to be considered for transfer.
All transfer applicants must consult with Nancy Andrews-Hall, Program Coordinator of Radiography, email@example.com prior to starting the application process to discuss eligibility and appropriate placement. Applicants may be required to repeat RAD courses that have been taken in a different sequence than our curriculum sequence at Forsyth Tech.
- Admission is based on clinical and laboratory
- The student must initiate the admission process and schedule a meeting with the Radiography Program
- Meet all admissions requirements for the college and the Radiography program as posted in the admission MAR packet and college
- Submit a letter from their current Radiography Program Director stating they left their current program in good academic and behavioral
- The student will be required to complete a background check and drug screen through the Forsyth Technical Community College provider at their
- A medical form, all immunizations and CPR requirements must be up-to-date.
- The student will be required to pass written and laboratory skills tests for
- The student will be placed in the appropriate semester as determined by testing and the Program Coordinator (student may have to repeat some courses).
After consultation and confirmation of eligibility with Mrs. Andrews-Hall, applicants should proceed with the following steps:
- Go to the Admissions Office and/or complete the online Residency Determination Service (RDS) and Application for Admission. When asked for the program of study on the application, you must indicate or select “Radiography Transfer”.
- Submit official transcript from high school/GED.
- Submit official transcripts from ALL colleges
- Applicants must also demonstrate English, Reading and Math Competencies to be eligible for program consideration. (see the Radiography MAR packet for details about these )
All transcripts, placement test scores (if needed) and current TEAS scores from outside colleges must be submitted at time of application.
TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) Requirement:
All qualified applicants will be required to submit valid TEAS results with a passing rate of 60% or higher. If you have taken the most recent version of TEAS within the past 2 years, you must submit those scores with your application.
If you have not taken the TEAS or your test has outdated, you will be eligible to take the test at Forsyth Tech. You will need to let Admissions know if you plan to take TEAS here.
Once your file is complete, it will be sent to the radiography department for review and a final determination will be made in regards to admitting transfer applicants. Forsyth Tech readmitted students will have priority over transfer applicants. Ranking will occur just as for beginning radiography students.
PLEASE NOTE: Transfer applicants must have a “B” or higher in RAD courses and a “C” or higher in the radiography related courses (see the Radiography MAR packet) to be eligible for consideration for transfer.
Eligible radiography transfer applicants are accepted on a space availability basis. Due to the determination of space availability and appropriate placement, transfer applicants will be notified by the radiography department regarding their status. Questions about transfer status should be directed to the radiography program coordinator. Final approval for transfer is approved by the Radiography Program Coordinator.