Foundations of HR Management Certificate Program
Who can benefit from the Foundation of HR Management Program?
Designed as a thorough introduction to HR basics, the Foundations of HR Management program provides a solid foundation in human resource management and is effective training across multiple job responsibilities and career paths.
Developed by leading HR experts, HR practitioners, and legal counsel, the first of the five classes covers introductory HR topics in a condensed, easy-to-understand format. The straightforward format ensures that HR concepts can be mastered and applied to real-life situations. This program is designed for:
- New and junior HR practitioners who need to increase their knowledge base.
- Small business owners or office managers who perform the HR function for their company and business managers who want to learn basic HR best practices to avoid costly litigation.
- New or experienced managers interested in learning more about employee management skills.
- Representatives selling or supporting HR systems and services.
- International HR personnel wishing to increase their knowledge of U.S. HR practices.
Contact Michael Glontz at 336-757-3701 or email@example.com to see if you qualify and to schedule your scholarship orientation. Or complete and submit the form below.
- Build a foundation in Human Resources Management.
- Become more effective at handling day-to-day HR issues.
- Learn the key HR topics critical to avoiding costly litigation.
- Provide better service and meet client needs with a good understanding of HR-related issues that clients are dealing with.
- Learn how to key in on certain HR issues that are related to specific industries and client situations.
In order to successfully complete the program a total of 57 hours of instruction are required. It is not necessary to complete the classes in succession, the program is offered both in the spring and the fall. Once course requirements for the program have been met a Certificate of Completion is awarded. All classes within the program are eligible for SHRM PDC’s (professional development credits).
Foundations of Human Resources Management Certificate Program
|Program Classes||Class Hours||Class Meets||Duration|
|1. Essentials of HR Management||15||Monday||5 weeks|
|2. Recruitment, Selection and Personnel Planning||9||Tuesday/Thursday||2 weeks|
|3. Employment Law||15||Monday/Wednesday||3 weeks|
|4. Compensation & Benefits||12||Tuesday/Thursday||2 weeks|
|5. Employee Relations||6||Monday/Wednesday||2 weeks|
For a current listing of HR classes, please visit Human Resources Management Education.