Introduction to Autism
This course is designed to help prepare individuals to work with children with autism spectrum disorders (ADSs) in educational, home-based, or community settings. Emphasis is on understanding ADSs and working with families of children with ADSs, managing challenging behaviors associated with ADSs, and evidence practices for targeting communication, play, self-help, and social skills of children with ADSs.
Upon satisfactory completion of the course, the student with receive a certificate of completion.
High School Diploma/GED/or High School Equivalency
College Diploma/College Transcript
- Picture ID and Social Security card with matching names
- Complete background check (instructions provided upon CastleBranch account setup)
- Visit the CastleBranch website
- Purchase Package Code FG80: Background Check
- If you have questions concerning your CastleBranch account setup or upload, please contact CastleBranch at 888.914.7279. How to Order
- Upload a copy of driver’s license
- Upload a copy of High School Diploma or High School Transcript showing graduation date
- Please make sure all of the above items have been completed prior to contacting the Health Education Department for registration approval.
Criminal Background Check Disclosure
- Facilities that provide practicum experiences for Forsyth Technical Community College programs may require criminal background checks. The facility holds the right to deny a student admission into their facility based upon the information presented in the criminal background check.
- Registration: $156.00 (Campus Access, Parking and Security (CAPS) Fee included $5.00)
- ID Badge: $5.00 (You must present your registration receipt and receipt for ID payment in order to get your ID badge)
- Early Start Denver Model for Young Children with Autism: Promoting Language, Learning, and Engagement (students may borrow this text from ABC of NC Child Development Center or purchase online. Not available in Forsyth Tech bookstores)
- Applied Behavior Analysis for Teachers (9th Edition) (optional) Not available in Forsyth Tech bookstores. Available for online purchase only.
- CastleBranch background check ($25.00) – See information under requirements above
For more information, contact Customer Service at 336.734.7023.
For more information please contact the Customer Service Department at 336.734.7023.
The EWD Health Education Department can be reached at 336.734.7734.