Telemetry Cardiovascular Technician
This course is designed to prepare the student to become a Certified EKG (ECG) and Telemetry Technician and to gain employment. The course will cover the anatomy and physiology of the heart as it relates to cardiac rhythm interpretations, principles of EKG, rhythm recognition of sinus, atrial, junctional, ventricular, pacemaker, and heart block rhythms. Skills will include operating EKG equipment, printing and mounting cardiac rhythm strips, as well as interpreting over 30 cardiac rhythms produced from 12 and 6 lead telemetry monitors. A 24-hour clinical component is included.
- Go to CastleBranch at https://portal.castlebranch.com/FF48 and follow the instructions to set up an account. (Select Package Code: FH82)
- Complete ALL of the following requirements:
- Complete background check and drug screening (instructions provided upon CastleBranch account setup)
- Upload a copy of driver’s license
- Upload a copy of Math/Reading Placement Test (or equivalent approved by Health Education Department)
- Upload a copy of High School Diploma/High School Transcript/GED OR College Diploma/College Transcript (showing graduation date)
- Acknowledge receipt of Telemetry Cardiovascular Technician Online Orientation Packet
- Upload Current CPR Credential
- Upload valid healthcare credential, such as CNA I, CNA II, EMT, CMA, Military Corpsman/Medic, etc.
- Upload proof of required vaccinations – MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis B, TB Screening, Tetanus & Flu Note: (flu shot required between the months of August-March each year)
Reminder: Please be sure that all of the above information is complete before contacting a member of the Health Education Team for registration approval.
Course Registration: $250.00 – (includes Malpractice Insurance and College Access, Parking and Security Fee)
Book: Clarke, Wilma L. (2019). Hartman’s Complete Guide for the EKG Technician, Hartman Publishing, Inc., Albuquerque, New Mexico. (ISBN 978-1604251074)
- Castlebranch background check and drug screen ($97.00)
- Cardiac rhythm interpretation calipers
- ID Badge ($5.00) Note: Required for clinicals
- Uniform (navy blue scrub bottoms; light blue scrub top) Note: Required for clinicals
- National Certification Exam (National Healthcareer Association – $117.00)
For more information please contact the Customer Service Department at 336.734.7023.
The EWD Health Education Department can be reached at 336.734.7734.