This NC Board of Nursing approved course is designed to meet the training requirements to become qualified as a Medication Aide. It will cover the six rights of medication administration for non-licensed personnel. Topics will include medication administration via the oral, topical and instillation routes, medical asepsis, hand hygiene, terminology and legal implications. Upon completion, students should be prepared to take the competency exam and demonstrate skills necessary to qualify for listing on the North Carolina Medication Aide Registry. 24 Hours (No Clinical)
Note: The course is not a Med Tech training program. For information regarding the Med Tech requirements for Adult Care Homes go to http://mats.dhhs.state.nc.us
Contact West Campus customer services at 336.734.7023.
- Successful completion – Math and Reading placement tests (or approved equivalent. Contact the Health Education Department for verification of equivalent scores/classes.)
- High School Diploma/GED/High School Transcript or College Diploma/College Transcript (showing graduation date)
- Picture ID
- Documentation of successful completion of a state approved NAI course in the past 2 years
- Absences/tardiness are not allowed
To pursue Medication Aide position in a Skilled Nursing facility,
current state NAI Registry certification is required.
- Registration: $80.00 (Campus Access, Parking and Security (CAPS) Fee included)
- ID Badge: (You must present your registration receipt and receipt for ID payment in order to get your ID badge)
- Book: Medication Administration – A Medication Aide Training Course
Contact the bookstore (336.734.7100) for current textbook prices.
Not Included: State Certification Exam ($55.00)
* all prices subject to change
For more information please contact the Customer Service Department at 336.734.7023.