Notary Public Training
Certain legal documents, such as property deeds, wills and business agreements, require the impartial signature of a Notary Public. A Notary Public screens signers of important legal documents, confirming identities, and more.
This 7 hour course prepares students to become a commissioned/appointed Notary Public.
If you are at least 18 years old, have a High School diploma or GED and can satisfactorily complete this workshop, you can apply for your Notary Public Commission. If you have ever been convicted of a felony you must contact the NC Secretary of State Office to determine your eligibility. This class will teach you what you need to know before applying for your Notary Public Commission. The Notary Public Guidebook 2016 edition is required and available in the Forsyth Tech bookstore. This manual must be purchased and available on the first day of class.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to start of class in order to allow time for check-in!
Course Cost: $79
Options to register:
- Telephone Registration Option 2:
Call 336.734.7023 using MasterCard or Visa on Monday – Thursday, 9 am – 4 pm and on Friday, 9 am – 12 pm.
- Walk-in Registration:
West Campus Customer Service Center (336.734.7023)
1300 Bolton Street, Winston-Salem
Mon-Wed 9:00 am – 5:15 pm*
Thursdays 9:00 am – 6:15 pm*
Fridays 9:00 am – 12:45 pm
*(Closed 1-2 pm for lunch)
NOTE: All students must have a current state or federal issued picture ID upon arrival for class.
|129588||WC||5/21 & 5/23||1:00-4:30|
|129633||NWFC||5/29 & 5/30||6:00-9:30|
|129635||WC||6/4 & 6/6||6:00-9:30|
|129639||TTC||6/11 & 6/13||1:00-4:30|
|129644||WC||6/18 & 6/20||1:00-4:30|
|129645||NWFC||7/9 & 7/11||1:00-4:30|
|129646||WC||7/23 & 7/25||1:00-4:30|
|129647||WC||7/30 & 7/31||6:00-9:30|
|129649||TTC||8/6 & 8/8||6:00-9:30|
Locations of Classes
- IQ – Innovation Quarter – 525 Vine Street Winston Salem, NC
- NWFC – Northwest Forsyth Center – 3111 Big Oaks Drive, King, NC
- TTC – Transportation Technology Center – 4255 N. Patterson Avenue, Winston Salem, NC
- WC – West Campus – 1300 Bolton Street, Winston-Salem, NC.
- Attorneys do not have to take this course, but must submit an application for NC Notary Public Commission at sosnc.gov/divisions/notary.
- If you are re-certifying and your current notary commission has not lapsed, you do not need to take a class to complete your recertification.
- For expiring NC Notary Public Commissions before lapsing, you can complete an online exam and submit a Reappointment Application form.
- For NC Notary Public commissions that have expired, you may be directed to repeat the course. Contact the NC Secretary of State office for confirmation.
- For more information and Notary forms, go to sosnc.gov/divisions/notary.
For additional information regarding Notary Public courses, please contact Nell Perry at email@example.com or call 336.757.3801.
If you are interested in onsite Notary Public training at your place of business, please contact Jennifer Coulombe, Dean of Business & Industry Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336.734.7723.