Faculty and Staff Communication
March 16, 2020
Hello Forsyth Tech Faculty and Staff!
Today, Gov. Roy Cooper declared a state of emergency in North Carolina as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
The college has been taking this situation seriously and we set up a website to keep you all updated with official information.
The health and safety of our students, faculty and staff is our primary concern. Forsyth Tech’s Emergency Operations Work Group is proactively engaging with local, state and federal officials to stay on top of the rapidly evolving international health situation resulting from the outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a new coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water. If not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizers.
- Follow your doctor’s orders: If you’re told to stay home, stay home. If you need to be out of class, please let your instructor know; they will work with you to minimize the impact of your absences.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with tissues, or cough or sneeze into your inner elbow.
- Keep your fingers out of your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Get a flu vaccination.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Also, please make sure the information you are getting about the coronavirus is coming directly from reliable sources like the CDC and NCDHHS. Be careful not to spread misinformation about coronavirus on social media. In situations like this, spreading fear instead of facts can cause far more harm.
Thank you, stay well and be safe!