Hope you are enjoying a couple of days of rest during your fall break! We assure that we are supporting you in your classes and working diligently to for your protection and wellbeing during this critical time.
If you have any questions about safety precautions, please check our webpage at covid-19 or if you have questions, email email@example.com. Remember, Forsyth Tech Cares! If you have needs for assistance or need to talk with someone, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to check Techlink for a variety of events, seminars and activities on campus!
Rising number of COVID-19 Cases
With the number of cases of COVID-19 rising in Forsyth County and in North Carolina, we must continue to be cautious and careful in our efforts to maintain safe practices on campus. We have seen your cooperation in following the three Ws – wearing a face covering, waiting six feet apart, and washing your hands often – to protect yourselves, our campus, and our community.
SlowCOVID-NC Exposure Notification App
I also wanted to share that the NCDHHS has a new way to help slow COVID-19 in North Carolina — SlowCOVIDNC, the official Exposure Notification app of NCDHHS.
SlowCOVIDNC works by proactively and anonymously notifying users of potential exposure to COVID-19. It provides a way for app users to protect their privacy and identity, while also slowing the spread of COVID-19, SlowCOVIDNC does not collect or share personally identifying or location information. The more people who participate, the more effective the app is slowing the spread of COVID-19.
What do you need to know about the app?
- It’s free to download
- It never collects or shares personally identifiable information
- It uses Bluetooth technology to minimize battery use
- It’s 100 percent voluntary to download and use
- It can help keep our campus safe and protect your friends and family
- An introductory video
- An app demo video
- To learn more about SlowCOVIDNC and how it works, access the FAQs
- SlowCOVIDNC is available on the Apple App Store and Google Play store today.
You may read more about SlowCovidNC on Techlink or if you have any questions, email email@example.com. Thank you for all your cooperation during this challenging time!
“Rather than being disheartened by the uncertainty of life, what if we accepted it and relaxed into it? What if we said, yes, this is the way it is; this is what it means to be human, and decided to sit down and enjoy the ride.”
- The experience of the last seven months has impacted all of us differently and some have had a more difficult time than others. I hope through the challenges, we are learning what it means to be more accepting, more empathetic, and more tolerant. We are all in this together.
- Take care and stay safe!
Dr. Janet Spriggs