A Place to Play, Learn & Grow
The lab school is a part of the Early Childhood Department at Forsyth Tech whose purpose is to provide a facility in which our students may observe, practice and learn to be teachers of preschool children. All employees have a strong background of education and experience in Early Childhood Education. Teachers will exhibit appropriate adult-child interactions for students/interns to model. We will foster and promote partnerships with the families.
Parents may observe children through one-way mirrors in our observation room. Additionally, a parent-child-teacher engagement model with a Parent-Resource Corner is available. The parent corner will be equipped with books, games, technology, book packs and other literacy resources. Parents may check out resources for use at home.
The teachers will provide high quality care, with a focus on warm, nurturing attention for each child. All children will benefit by interacting with high quality staff and an environment equipped with variety of developmentally appropriate activities, both in the classroom and the outdoors.
The daily curriculum is designed to stimulate growth and development of young children in all domains. Curriculum activities will be designed to meeting needs of each child and will include the following areas and more:
- Music & Movement
- Dramatic Play
- Gross & Fine Motor Coordination
- Language & Literacy
- The Lab School is a half-day program, 8 a.m. – 12 noon – FULL DAY COMING SOON!
- Will open Monday – Friday, according to the Forsyth Tech calendar.
- Maximum Capacity for 15 children, 3 – 5 years of age, (and each child must be toilet trained.)
- Daily Schedule is planned for children to participate for up to 4 hours
- Children will have opportunities to play in a well-planned environment.
- Nutritious snacks will be provided.
Tuition & Fees
An annual registration fee and monthly tuition will be charged, and the cost is the same for all ages. The prices are as follows:
- Registration $75.00 (to be paid at the time of enrollment)
- Monthly Tuition $300.00
For additional information, to schedule a tour, or to receive an enrollment package, please contact Karatha Scott via phone or email at 336.734.7974 or firstname.lastname@example.org