What is academic advising?

Advising is a collaborative process where students meet with an advisor to discuss their academic career. Advising incorporates program evaluation, course planning, support services and many other topics depending on student needs.


Who do I see if I am having problems with my classes?

If you find you are struggling with your classes, please contact your Academic Advisor or visit with Counseling, Career and Accessibility Resources located on Main Campus in the Robert L. Strickland Center (336.734.7156).


How can I find out who my advisor is, and how to contact my advisor?

Students can see who their assigned advisor is in their Navigate account.

  • Log in to Techlink and click on Navigate – Students in the right Quick Links menu.
  • After logging in to Navigate with your school account, click on Resources in the left menu.
  • Click on the People tab and you should see a row for your Advisor. You can click on that row to pull up contact information for your Advisor.

Your academic advisor is a faculty member who teaches in your chosen curricula: (Ex: if you are in the Nursing Program, your academic advisor may be a faculty member who teaches in the Nursing program) OR a Student Success Center advisor who works with students enrolled in our college transfer or pre-health programs. Advisors are available to help you plan your course of study while enrolled at Forsyth Tech.

Contact information for all full-time staff and faculty is listed in the Employee Directory found at the bottom of our website: www.forsythtech.edu.


Where do I go if I have questions about academic standing – alert/probation/dismissal?

Information regarding Academic Standing can be found in the college catalog.