How much is tuition?
You can view more tuition information on our Current Tuition and Fees webpage.
How much does it cost to go to Forsyth Tech?
Forsyth Tech receives funds from local, state and federal sources. North Carolina law (General Statute 115D) establishes the community college system’s tuition and fees, and the charges are subject to change without notice. Tuition charges are for credit hours enrolled, and the tuition rate per credit hour applies to all regularly enrolled students. This link to the tuition page will take you to the most current cost.
How do I know if I qualify for in-state tuition?
Residency is no longer determined by Forsyth Tech. All students, parents, faculty, staff, and constituents of the North Carolina Community College System should refer to the Residency website at www.ncresidency.org for more current details regarding the North Carolina Residency Determination Service, processes and required residency guidelines.
Do you have a payment plan?
Forsyth Tech is pleased to offer Payment Plan (Nelnet), a service that allows you to pay your tuition in full or through convenient monthly payments. The Payment Plan is not offered during the Summer Semester, but you can still pay in full online by selecting the button to the left. This payment method is for curriculum students only. In order to participate in the payment plan method, you must be registered for a minimum of 6 credit hours.
Where do I go if I need to pay tuition?
Tuition can be paid at the following locations:
(Call for payment options.)
- Main Campus Cashier’s Office, Allman Center, second floor, 336.734.7210
- Northwest Forsyth Center, first floor, 336.734.7052
- Grady P. Swisher Center, first floor, 336.734.7903
- Mazie S. Woodruff Center, first floor, 336.734.7950
- Stokes County Center, 336.593.2482
- Transportation Technology Center, 336.734.7598
Where do I go if I have questions about my tuition refund?
The Cashier’s Office handles questions about tuition refunds. The Cashier’s Office is on Main Campus in the Allman Center on the second floor. The telephone number is 336.734.7210.
State Refund Policy
- A refund shall not be made except under the following circumstances:
- A 100 percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws prior to the first day of class(es) of the academic semester or term as noted in the college calendar. Also, a student is eligible for a 100 percent refund if the class in which the student is officially registered is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment.
- A 75 percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws from the class(es) prior to or on the official 10 percent point (census date) of the semester.
- For classes beginning at times other than the first week (seven calendar days) of the semester a 100 percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws from the class prior to the first class meeting. A 75 percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws from the class prior to or on the 10 percent point of (census date) the class.
- A 100 percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws from a contact hour class prior to the first day of class of the academic semester or term or if the college cancels the class. A 75 percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws from a contact hour class on or before the 10th calendar day (census date) of the class.
- To comply with applicable federal regulations regarding refunds, federal regulations supersede the state refund regulations stated in this Rule.
- Where a student, having paid the required tuition for a semester, dies during that semester (prior to or on the last day of examinations of the college the student was attending), all tuition and fees for that semester may be refunded to the estate of the deceased.
- For a class(es) which the college collects receipts which are not required to be deposited into the State Treasury account, the college shall adopt local refund policies. (The State refund policy is followed.)
Military Tuition Refund. Upon request of the student, each college shall:
Grant a full refund of tuition and fees to military reserve and National Guard personnel called to active duty or active duty personnel who have received temporary or permanent reassignments as a result of military operations then taking place outside the state of North Carolina that make it impossible for them to complete their course requirements; and
Other fees, such as caps fee, student activity fee, and malpractice insurance fees are non-refundable. If you drop all classes before the beginning of the semester the activity fee will automatically refund. The census date (10 percent point) of each class section may vary and may be obtained by visiting the Online Course Withdrawal Form. No refunds will be given to students who drop a section after the census date of the section.
The college refund policy is established by state legislative action and therefore, is subject to change without prior notice to students.
It is very important that you ask questions, examine your schedule carefully, and TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for your schedule!
- Check campus location where your classes are offered- be sure it is where you want to be.
- If you schedule classes on more than one campus– make sure you have time between classes to travel between campuses.
- If you need to DROP and ADD during the schedule adjustment period, you must do so in one registration session. That is the only way, your new class and your old class (if the number of credit hours is the same) will not result in you owing the additional money.
- Please make sure to ask questions and carefully examine your schedule. Failing to assume responsibility for your schedule could result in unwanted financial penalties.
- Important Notes:
Do not sign up for more classes than wanted with the intent to drop some after attending the first day of class.
Dropping on or after the first day of class will result in a 25% tuition refund penalty.
Refund questions can be addressed to the Cashier’s Office at 336.734.7210.
Please note if you pay via online through Nelnet your refund may be processed at a later date. Wire payments are received periodically and refunds will be processed as time allows.