Here are some of the details:
- Forsyth Tech chose to sponsor the teen rock band competition stage to reach out to key target audiences, including middle school and high school students and their parents, as part of the college’s 50th anniversary year celebrations.
- The Rock This! band competition will begin around 12:30 pm Saturday. It will be held in four rounds, with the crowd texting their votes to determine the winners of each round. The winners of the first three rounds will compete in the fourth round for the $500 prize.
- Eddie Waddell, Director of Recruiting and Student Support Services at Forsyth Tech, will be on hand to issue the $500 winner’s check when the competition comes to an end between 10:30 -11:00 pm Saturday night.
- Every 15 minutes throughout Rock This!, Forsyth Tech will have a drawing for a USB bracelet (“Get plugged into the future @ Forsyth Tech”) that is preloaded with a link to Forsyth Tech’s website. Winners of the bracelets will be notified by text or voice mail.
- Forsyth Tech will be giving away customized “FT” silly bandz to visitors who stop by their booth.
- Forsyth Tech’s Rock This! booth volunteers will include Early College students from Forsyth and Stokes counties.