Winston-Salem Chamber of Commerce Blog
October 2, 2012
Forsyth Technical Community College showed off its new Transportation Technology Center at 4255 N. Patterson Ave. to the Winston-Salem Chamber of Commerce’s Technology & Innovation Series Tuesday. The new center will “create jobs for the people in this community,” said Dr. Gary Green, Forsyth Tech president. He said the long-term vision was to provide “all transportation technologies.” Forsyth Tech is one of the only Toyota T10 level certified programs in the Southeast.
Green listed five programs as currently available:
- Automotive Systems Technology
- Collision Repair and Refinishing Technology (including sheet metal and new finishes)
- Heavy Equipment and Transportation Technology for large trucks and over-the-road tractors
- Recreational Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Technology
- The Richard Childress Race Car Technology program. This center will feed students into the $6 billion auto racing industry.