Free Tax Prep
Forsyth Tech, partnering with the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program managed locally by the Experiment in Self-Reliance, is happy to announce that a free tax preparation service will be available on campus for students, employees, and community whose family income is $57,000 or less.
Starting on February 15, taxes will be prepared in the Robert L. Strickland Building. By Appointment ONLY!!!
Mondays and Wednesdays, 10am to 3pm
Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1pm to 7pm.
These services will be available every week through April 8, 2021 excluding the week of Spring Break (Tuesday – Thursday, March 16-18)
Taxes will be prepared by dropping them off by appointment only. Click on the link below to schedule an appointment or call 1-336-734-7656.
You will need to bring the following documents with you to have your taxes completed.
- Social Security card
- Bring a copy of last years tax return.
- Picture id (driver’s license is best).
- All tax information (e.g. W-2s, Interest statements, etc.)
- Voided Check or Account Information for refund deposit.
- Completed Intake Form – click on the link below to complete and bring a copy of the intake form with you or email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org upon completion.
*Total amount you received in stimulus payments for the year.
*Health insurance – 1095-A if you have insurance from the MARKETPLACE (ACA – OBAMA Care)
When coming in to drop off you are required to wear a mask and practice social distancing. You will drop off all documents and we will call and schedule a time for you to pick up once they are complete.