Gifts in Kind
Gifts in kind are donations of personal property other than cash such as: books, tools, equipment, furnishings, supplies, software and licensing.
Donations of equipment, tools, books and other items help the college control costs while still providing a high quality education. Some donations are tax deductible for the donor.
Donations of books to the Forsyth Tech Library can be taken directly to the library media desk on the first floor of Ardmore Building on main campus.
For all other gift-in-kind donations please contact Angela Cook at 336.734.7618 or email@example.com to begin the donation process or for more information.
How to Give a Gift in Kind
- Contact the Forsyth Tech Foundation Director of Donor Relations, Angela Bryant at 336.734.7618 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out the Gift in Kind Donation Receipt Form.
- Arrange for the transfer of the asset with a Foundation Staff member. A Forsyth Tech or a Foundation representative must sign the Receipt Form when they have physically taken possession of the item/s.
- The completed, signed form and all other documentation must be delivered to offices of The Foundation of Forsyth Tech on main campus.
- The Foundation will return an acknowledgment receipt to the donor for tax purposes.
A gift in kind requires an official transfer of ownership of property from the donor to the Foundation. In most cases this is accomplished via completion of The Foundation Gift in Kind Donation Receipt Form. The IRS requires the donor to determine the fair market value of the gift for tax reporting purposes and is listed, by the donor, on the Donation Receipt Form. Download a Foundation Gift in Kind Donation Receipt form here.