Here are some prevention tips from the Centers of Disease Control and the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services:
- Practice social distancing, stay at least six feet from others.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water. If not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizers.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with tissues, or cough or sneeze into your inner elbow.
- Keep your fingers out of your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Get a flu vaccination.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Follow your doctor’s orders: If you feel sick stay home.