Therapeutic Massage Program
The Forsyth Tech Therapeutic Massage program is designed to provide students with a superior educational experience by integrating classroom preparation and clinical practice. The core courses include laboratory sessions to learn and practice hands-on skills required to be a Massage Therapist.
The program has been successfully educating and graduating a skilled workforce of massage therapists to employers in surrounding counties since 1993 and boasts the highest pass rate of any other massage school in NC on the state license exam (MBLEx).
As you consider choosing a program to prepare you for a lifelong career in therapeutic massage, consider the following reasons why the Therapeutic Massage program at Forsyth Tech will provide you with a superior educational experience!
If you are interested in:
- Helping people to feel better
- Staying active during the day rather than working behind a desk
- Focusing on holistic wellness and better health
- A career where you work one-on-one with your clients
- Rewarding work in a healthcare setting, spa, or private practice
Massage Therapy may be the choice for you!
For more information on the program and steps on how to apply, please go to the Therapeutic Massage Program page.
If you would like to speak with someone about the program you may contact Ms. Sandy Mason the Interim Program Coordinator at 336-757-3901, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Supply Chain Management Program
Supply Chain Management is a high-demand career that creates and executes processes related to manufacturing, procurement, transportation, warehousing, and disposal of goods.
The Supply Chain Management (SCM) program at Forsyth Tech is multigenerational and proudly serves all students from all generations. The program prepares students to enter the workforce with the skills demanded in the industry. It will teach the skills and expertise needed to thrive in a wide range of supply chain roles within the warehouse, manufacturing, logistics, and/or transportation sectors of the industry.
We will help you find your place within Supply Chain Industry! You will quickly see no two days are alike in the Supply Chain.
- The Associate in Applied in Science in Supply Chain Management offers two separate career tracks: Global Logistics and Distribution Management. Both tracks offer courses that concentrate on transportation, warehousing, inventory control, materials handling, international logistics, lean concepts, and purchasing.
- The Distribution Management track is designed to prepare students with jobs in distribution, transportation, and manufacturing organizations. The track provides the fundamental skills and knowledge so students can develop successful relationships with customers and suppliers.
- The Global Logistics tracks prepare students for jobs with an emphasis on manufacturing, transportation, service organizations, and governmental agencies within the global economy.
Our students in the SCM program enter the workforce job-ready! Our goal is to arm students with the understanding of new insights, cutting-edge technology, innovation, and change management needed to be agile to become the next leader in the fastest-growing sector in our globalized world.
For more information on the program and steps on how to apply, please go to the Supply Chain Management Page.
If you would like additional information about the Supply Chain Management Program, contact Ms. Demetria Ledbetter, Program Coordinator, at 336.734.7917 or email@example.com
Nonprofit Leadership and Management Program
Through the Nonprofit Leadership and Management program at Forsyth Tech, students are empowered to become successful professionals who work to advance the quality of life in communities. The program provides both current and future leaders with the knowledge and skills necessary to respond to the opportunities and complex challenges of nonprofit organizations.
The Nonprofit Leadership and Management program will allow students to:
- Develop leadership skills necessary to influence decisions of key stakeholders, build partnerships and encourage collaboration.
- Learn about current trends, challenges, and best practices in nonprofit management.
- Gain knowledge on Public relations, funds administration, volunteer management, and compliance operations in nonprofit organizations.
- Learn best practices for leading and managing change.
- Explore strategies for building and sustaining relationships.
- Gain a better understanding of the key principles of philanthropy to increase dollars and donors for your organization.
- Earn an Associate of Applied Science degree that could transfer to a four-year college or university to earn your Bachelor’s degree.
For more information on the program and steps on how to apply, please go to the Nonpofit Leadership and Management Program page.
If you would like to speak with someone about the program, you may contact Dr. L. Reneé J. Rogers at 336-734-7919, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Certified Nursing Assistant Program
The Nursing Assistant I at Forsyth Tech is a state-approved program that provides students with the necessary skills to seek employment in long-term care facilities as Certified Nursing Assistants. Emphasis is on basic principles of nursing, development, and application of nursing skills in long-term care facilities.
Such skills are required to provide personal care for patients, residents, the elderly, and others requiring medical assistance in a healthcare setting.
Emphasis is placed on:
- patient safety and infection control
- the aging process, communication
- legal and ethical issues
- patient rights
- personal care
- vital signs
- proper body mechanics and mental health
- CPR certification sessions are included, and supervised clinical experiences are conducted.
Students are prepared to take the North Carolina Nurse Aide Competency Examination, a requirement for listing on the NC Nurse Aide I Registry. Upon successful completion of the exam, the candidate will be considered a Certified Nursing Assistant I (CNA I).
For more information on the program and steps on how to apply, please go to the Certified Nursing Assistant Program page.
If you would like to speak with someone about the program, you may contact Ms. Tandenica Pierrelous-Little, EWD Health Education Program Coordinator at 336-734-7725, or by email at email@example.com
You may also contact the Customer Service Department at 336.734.7023 or the EWD Health Education Department at 336.734.7734.