NC STEM Alliance
Forsyth Tech is a partner institution of the NC STEM Alliance, whose primary goal is to increase the number of students successfully transferring to four-year institutions with a program degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) disciplines. The Alliance is led by Central Piedmont Community College (CPCC) with Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) as an additional partner institution.
With program support from the Louis Stokes Alliances for Minority Participation (LSAMP) and funding support from the National Science Foundation (NSF, Grant Number: 1817433), additional backing is provided to increase the numbers of historically underrepresented STEM student populations (URM STEM students). These underrepresented STEM populations include African-Americans, Alaskan Natives, American Indians, Hispanic Americans, Native Hawaiians, and Native Pacific Islanders.
All STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math program) students can sign up to be an NC STEM Alliance Student. All eligible underrepresented STEM students (African-Americans, Alaskan Natives, American Indians, Hispanic Americans, Native Hawaiians and Native Pacific Islanders) may also apply to become an NC STEM Alliance Fellow. All eligible underrepresented STEM 11th and 12th grade students may register for the Summer STEM Prep Program.
Benefits of Participation as an NC STEM Alliance Student:
- Receiving information regarding national and international internship and research opportunities
- Gaining access to student services such as career services, financial aid, mentoring, women’s center, etc.
- Attending professional development workshops on, but not limited to, how to be a successful STEM College Student and success in transferring to any 4-year degree institution
- Participating in community service efforts
- Peer Mentoring
Click Here to Sign Up to Become a STEM Student
Benefits of Participation as an NC STEM Alliance Fellow: (in addition to above Student benefits)
- Undergraduate research experience in literature reviews, hands-on final products and symposium presentations
- Developing an educational/career plan in conjunction with a one-on-one STEM advisor/navigator
- Financial assistance
- Math coaching
Benefits of Participation in Summer STEM Prep Program:
- Academic STEM enrichment in preparation for transition into College level STEM fields of study
- Project-based experiences in Science, Engineering, Technology and Math
- Exploration of STEM careers
Sign up for more information here or use the contact info below.