Parking Ticket Appeal Process
The Appeal Process
- A written appeal is reviewed by the Director of Campus Police.
- The Director of Campus Police evaluates the appeal based on guidelines and criteria established in the Traffic Rules and Regulations.
- The appellant is informed by mail of the decision.
Filing an Appeal
- The Campus Police Office accepts appeals of parking tickets. Any parking ticket may be appealed.
- Download the Parking Ticket Appeal Form , get one from the Campus Police Office, or call Campus Police at 336.734.7243 to have a form mailed to you. A Parking Ticket Appeal Form in Spanish is also available.
- Complete the form and return it to the Campus Police Office by mail, fax, or in person within 10 calendar days from the date the parking ticket was issued.
- You may also appeal the ticket online using the Online Parking Ticket Appeal
- The following information must be included with the appeal, regardless of the method of submittal. Incomplete or illegible appeals cannot be processed and you will be charged the amount listed on the ticket.
- Attach the original citation if submitting by mail or in person
- Copy of ticket if you’re filing by fax
- Your name
- Current address (including city and zip code)
- Vehicle license plate number and state
- Parking decal number
- A statement explaining why the ticket should be waived
- Remember to keep a copy of your appeal and citation for your records.
To file by mail
- Mail the completed form to:
Campus Police Office
Forsyth Tech Community College
2100 Silas Creek Parkway
Winston Salem, NC 27103
To file by fax
- Fax your appeal to the Campus Police Office at 336.734.7245.
- Fax the appeal form or letter containing all of the information listed in the section above. Be sure to include your current address because the decision letter will be mailed.
To file in person
- File a written appeal at the Campus Police Office.
To file online
- Parking tickets may also be appealed online using the Online Parking Ticket Appeal
Definitions of Appeals Actions
- DENIED means that the parking ticket has been upheld as valid under Forsyth Tech traffic rules and regulations and payment must be made within 10 days.
- REDUCED means that the Director of Campus Police agrees there was a violation of Forsyth Tech traffic rules and regulations, but that mitigating circumstances presented in your appeal warrant a reduced fine. Payment of the reduced fine is required and must be paid within 10 days.
- GRANTED means that the appeal was approved and the fine was waived.