Hours, Dates, Services, Job Postings & JobLink Centers
We offer personal, one-on-one counseling and advice in the Career Services office. Forsyth Tech students may schedule appointments by calling our office directly at 336.734.7156 or online through their Starfish account. We are located on the second floor of the Robert L. Strickland Center in the Student Success Center, suite 2414.
- Monday – Thursday – 8 am – 7 pm
- Friday 8 am – 3 pm
- Phone: 336.734.7156
Wondering what program of study is right for you? Not sure what you want to do with your life? Come
to a career assessment workshop! Registration is required. Workshops are free.
Career Assessment Workshop Dates, 2018-2019
Our Career Assessment Workshops are taking a break and will return in 2019. Registration will re-open in January.
Students may register by using the Career Assessment Registration Form. (Temporarily closed)
In-Person and Online Services
- Online job board for students and alumni available through CollegeCentral.com
- Job Fairs and Career Days throughout the academic year
- Individual assistance with resumes, cover letters, job searching, and interviewing
- Tips on professional presence and tips on dressing appropriately for a job interview
- Classroom presentations on a variety of topics, including employability skills
- PC available to search for employment
- Computer available to search for employment
- Career Assessments
For assistance, contact:
Part-Time Career Counselor
Forsyth Tech uses College Central Network as its official job posting and resume service. Students and Alumni may create an account profile at www.collegecentral.com/forsythtech in order to:
- Search for all full-time, part-time, and seasonal jobs, as well as volunteer opportunities
- Create and upload a resume and career portfolio to make available to employers
- Access event announcements, career advice documents, podcasts, videos and articles
Glassdoor is a free online resource for students, alumni, faculty and staff to look for jobs and research information provided by employees regarding company reviews, salary reports and interview questions.
Recruiters Connection, LLC is a National Online Directory of Recruiting Firms by state and by industry. Join their email list for weekly webinar information.
If it is inconvenient for you to come to Main Campus, the many JobLink Centers in our area offer many resources for those seeking a job, a better job or a new career.
The staff at the JobLink Centers can help you with:
- Career counseling, assessments and planning
- Local labor market information
- Internet access and personalized email accounts to assist in your job search
- Information and assistance for college application and financial aid
- One-on-one business development counseling
- Adult High School (AHS)
- High School Equivalency (HSE)
- English as Second Language (ESL)
- HRD Employment Skills Classes (Human Resource Development)
- The Career Readiness Certificate
- CareersNOW! vocational training
- Academic programs (more than 180 degree, diploma and certificate pathways)
Forsyth Tech Educational Career/JobLink Center
1300 Bolton Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27103
King Public Library Employability Lab
101 Pilot View Drive
King, NC 27021