State Refund Policy
- A refund shall not be made except under the following circumstances:
- A 100 percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws prior to the first day of class(es) of the academic semester or term as noted in the college calendar. Also, a student is eligible for a 100 percent refund if the class in which the student is officially registered is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment.
- A 75 percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws from the class(es) prior to or on the official 10 percent point (census date) of the semester.
- For classes beginning at times other than the first week (seven calendar days) of the semester a 100 percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws from the class prior to the first class meeting. A 75 percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws from the class prior to or on the 10 percent point of (census date) the class.
- A 100 percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws from a contact hour class prior to the first day of class of the academic semester or term or if the college cancels the class. A 75 percent refund shall be made if the student officially withdraws from a contact hour class on or before the 10th calendar day (census date) of the class.
- To comply with applicable federal regulations regarding refunds, federal regulations supersede the state refund regulations stated in this Rule.
- Where a student, having paid the required tuition for a semester, dies during that semester (prior to or on the last day of examinations of the college the student was attending), all tuition and fees for that semester may be refunded to the estate of the deceased.
- For a class(es) which the college collects receipts which are not required to be deposited into the State Treasury account, the college shall adopt local refund policies. (The State refund policy is followed.)
Military Tuition Refund. Upon request of the student, each college shall:
Grant a full refund of tuition and fees to military reserve and National Guard personnel called to active duty or active duty personnel who have received temporary or permanent reassignments as a result of military operations then taking place outside the state of North Carolina that make it impossible for them to complete their course requirements; and
Other fees, such as parking fee, student activity fee, and malpractice insurance fees are non-refundable. If you drop all classes before the beginning of the semester the activity fee will automatically refund. The census date (10 percent point) of each class section may vary and may be obtained by visiting https://coursedrop.forsythtech.edu. No refunds will be given to students who drop a section after the census date of the section.
The college refund policy is established by state legislative action and therefore, is subject to change without prior notice to students.
It is very important that you ask questions, examine your schedule carefully, and TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for your schedule!
- Check campus location where your classes are offered- be sure it is where you want to be.
- If you schedule classes on more than one campus– make sure you have time between classes to travel between campuses.
- If you need to DROP and ADD during the schedule adjustment period, you must do so in one registration session. That is the only way, your new class and your old class (if the number of credit hours is the same) will not result in you owing the additional money.
- Please make sure to ask questions and carefully examine your schedule. Failing to assume responsibility for your schedule could result in unwanted financial penalties.
- Important Notes:
Do not sign up for more classes than wanted with the intent to drop some after attending the first day of class.
Dropping on or after the first day of class will result in a 25% tuition refund penalty.
Refund questions can be addressed to Stephanie Jones at the Main Campus Cashiers 336-734-7590.
Forsyth Tech has partnered with BankMobile, to disburse our student refunds. If you are new to this service, you may have questions. For more information visit the BankMobile Disbursement website.