Forsyth Tech Refund Policy
To request a tuition fee refund, you must officially withdraw from a class by submitting a Course Drop Request (for degree seeking or special credit programs) or Request for Refund form (if registered for a continuing education course). Refunds are generally mailed at the end of each month.
- A 100 percent refund may be given if the student officially withdraws prior to the first day of a specific course. If Forsyth Tech cancels a course, any portion of tuition that the student paid for the canceled course will be refunded in full.
- A 75 percent refund may be given if the student officially withdraws from the course(s) prior to, or on, the official census date of the course. Please visit Course Schedules – Forsyth Tech and search for your specific course to find the census date.
- Dropping on or after the first day of class will result in a 25% tuition refund penalty.
- No refunds will be given to students who drop a section, after the census date of the section.
Please Note: If a course contains the pre-fix of SEF, the above refund policy does not apply. You may receive a full tuition fee refund by officially withdrawing from the course one working day (24 hours) before the first class meets. Also, Continuing Education courses that are online, follow a Course Drop Date instead of the Census Date.
Additional Information regarding this policy:
- Student activity fees, Malpractice Insurance and CAPS fees will be refunded when courses are canceled, and students are not registered in any other course. If you drop all classes before the beginning of the semester the activity fee will automatically refund.
- Students passing proficiency exams for courses they have registered and paid for are not eligible for tuition refunds.
- Tuition refunds are not transferable to other individuals.
- Late tuition refund requests will not be considered.
- Tuition cannot be held from one semester to a future semester.
- Where a student, having paid the required tuition for a semester, dies during that semester (prior to or on the last day of examinations of the college the student was attending), all tuition and fees for that semester may be refunded to the estate of the deceased.
Military Tuition Refund. Upon request of the student, each college shall:
Grant a full refund of tuition and fees to military reserve and National Guard personnel called to active duty or active-duty personnel who have received temporary or permanent reassignments as a result of military operations then taking place outside the state of North Carolina that make it impossible for them to complete their course requirements.
The college refund policy is established by state legislative action and therefore, is subject to change without prior notice to students.
Detailed NC Community Colleges refund policy can be found on https://www.nccommunitycolleges.edu/search/content/refund
It is very important that you ask questions, examine your schedule carefully, and please TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for your schedule!
- Check campus location where your classes are offered- be sure it is where you want to be.
- If you schedule classes on more than one campus– make sure you have time between classes to travel between campuses.
- If you need to DROP and ADD during the schedule adjustment period, you must do so in one registration session. That is the only way, your new class, and your old class (if the number of credit hours is the same) will not result in you owing the additional money.
- Please make sure to ask questions and carefully examine your schedule. Failing to assume responsibility for your schedule could result in unwanted financial penalties.
Do not sign up for more classes than wanted with the intent to drop some after attending the first day of class.
Refund questions can be addressed to Cashier’s Office at main campus on (336)734-7210.
Forsyth Tech delivers your refund with BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. If you are new to this service, you may have questions. For more information visit the BankMobile Disbursements website.
Bank Mobile for Refunds & Financial Aid
Need a code? Call Cashier 336.734.7210