At Forsyth Tech, as at most colleges, credit track courses earn you credit hours toward a degree. Most courses earn 3-4 credit hours. Tuition is charged per credit hour and is based on your North Carolina resident or non-resident status. Information about determining resident or non-resident status is available here.
Current tuition for North Carolina residents is $76.00 per credit hour. Current tuition for non-residents is $268.00 per credit hour. Use the chart below to calculate your tuition cost based on the number of credit hours you will earn. If you take more than 16 hours in a semester, you will not be charged beyond the cost of those 16 hours. For more information call 336.734.7210.
|Credit Hour||In-State Tuition for North Carolina Residents||Out-of State Tuition for Non-North Carolina Residents/Internationa|
|16 or more||$1,216.00||$4,288.00|
- Student Activity Fee – $35 per semester. (Fall/Spring only. No fee charged for summer term.)
- Technology Fee – $30 for students enrolled in 1-11 credit hours and $48 for students enrolled in 12 or more credit hours.
- Books and Supplies – Cost varies depending on courses taken. These items may be purchased at the Barnes and Noble Bookstore (Lower Level), Technology/Student Services Building, Main Campus. Books may also be purchased online.
- Digital Content/Electronic Text Fee
Select classes also have fees that allow online access to course materials. In an effort to protect students and to ensure their best interests, the U.S. Department of Education published 34CFR668.161-167 that requires colleges to provide students the ability to opt-out of course fees associated with books and online access to course material(s). Students will have until the seventh day from the start of class to opt-out if choosing to purchase their access through a different source.
- Digital Content Faqs:
Any questions can be directed to the on campus Barnes and Noble bookstore. Here is a link for Digital Content faqs:
- Instructions on how to opt out on blackboard:
- Digital Content Faqs:
- Liability Insurance for Health Students – All health students must purchase annual liability insurance before engaging in lab or clinical practice. The cost for the insurance varies according to the credit program and insurance carrier.
- Lab Fees – Some courses charge a lab fee for supplies, software and materials. These fees range from $15 to $200.
- CAPS fee (College Access, Parking and Security (CAPS) Fee)
$25 per semester for curriculum classes .
$5 per occupational extension class taken (some exceptions do apply).
Once the fee is paid a student may receive one free decal per fiscal year. Additional decals may be purchased for an additional $25.