Are you a Forsyth Tech student who needs childcare?
Help is available!
The Child Care Access Means Parents in Schools (CCAMPIS) Program is an amazing opportunity for parents who are pursuing degrees at Forsyth Technical Community College. This program can help pay a percentage of your childcare costs in a licensed facility.
Childcare is available on our main campus at the Carol L. Danforth Early Childhood Lab School for children three-five years of age, and is available off-campus for a limited number of children infant-two years of age at two approved centers in Winston-Salem.
How will this help you and your child?
- You can work toward achieving your academic goals and future economic security reassured while your child is nearby with caring professionals.
- It will allow you to complete your classwork during the day so you can give your child your full attention when you go home.
- The lab school is a training center, so your child will be in learning environment with competent teachers while you study.
- Pell Grant Eligible
- Enrolled in a minimum of three hours of classes, either on-site or online. Priority is given to full-time students with at least 12 credit hours.
- If approved, you must complete the enrollment process at the Carol L. Danforth Early Childhood Lab School or the licensed childcare provider of your choice before your child/children can begin.
- The CCAMPIS program pays a percentage of your childcare tuition directly to the approved center based on a sliding scale that is dependent on your Financial Aid information. The remaining cost not covered by CCAMPIS must be paid by the parent to the childcare center.