Student Government Council (SGC) &
Alpha Mu Beta (AMB)
If you are interested in being part of the Student Government Council or Alpha Mu Beta, visit the Student Life and Engagement Office, located in Room 124 of the Technology Building on Main Campus for details.
For information on “getting connected” contact 336.734.7510 or email email@example.com.
The Student Government Council (SGC)
- The SGC, with the Student Life and Engagement staff, manages the student activities budget and meets in business sessions.
- Members plan and produce student activities and special events such as Fall Festival, Spring Fling, Constitution Day, the Black History Month program, Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration, blood drives, leadership workshops and other projects.
- Students learn and practice parliamentary procedure, group skills, teamwork and project management, and gain the experience of working in a diverse leadership setting.
- Some students choose to work with the budget, practice secretarial skills; or work on student publications, public information duties or creating various workshops.
- The SGC represents the student body to the college administration.
- The SGC president serves on the Forsyth Technical Community College board of trustees as a nonvoting member and reports to the SGC about board activities when appropriate. Members of the SGC attend statewide conferences approximately twice a year, meeting student leaders from community colleges across the state, sharing ideas and concerns, and learning leadership skills.
Alpha Mu Beta (AMB)
- Alpha Mu Beta (AMB) is the service arm of the Student Government Council (SGC).
- Applicants are selected for their high scholastic achievements and communication skills. AMB members must carry at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Applicants who are accepted as members have the opportunity to lead such events as the Angel Tree Project, Habitat for Humanity and many other service projects for the benefit of the college and community.
- Members if AMB are eligible to attend service, related meetings, trainings, seminars, and conferences.
- Fors information on how to join AMB contact firstname.lastname@example.org.