Forsyth Tech is now providing a secure way to manage your TechID password. Before you can manage your TechID, you will need to set up your profile and answer security questions. To access the TechID Self-Service portal, please follow the link: https://techid.forsythtech.edu
Creating Your Profile:
- If you know your password, select My Questions and Answers Profile and enter your password. You will be presented with your challenge questions. These are the questions that you will answer in the event you forget your password and need to change it. You will need to provide answers to all of the challenge questions except the questions about your Tech ID, birth date and zip code (those answers have been provided for you).
- If you do not know your password, select Forgot My Password. You will be prompted for your Tech ID, birth date and zip code. After successfully answering these question, you will be required to complete setting up your profile by providing answers to the challenge questions. After providing answers for all of the challenge questions, you will be presented a screen that will allow you to change your password.
To Change Your Password After Your Profile Setup Has Been Completed:
- If you know your password, select Manage My Password. Enter your current password. You will be prompted to enter a new password.
- If you do not know your password, select Forgot My Password. You will be presented with challenge questions to answer. After you have successfully answered the questions, you will be prompted to change your password.
Student / Employee Portal
Techlink allows you to interact with Forsyth Tech on a whole new level.
Through Techlink, you have access to:
- School Email
Your Instructors and classmates can communicate with you using your very own school email account.
- College Information
You have access to information from across the college including a comprehensive campus calendar and campus news.
- Student Profile
Lose your class schedule? Need to check your account information? Want to check your grades? You can access this information and more!
How Do I Activate My TechID and Log Into Techlink?
To log into TechLink you need to know the following information:
Your TechID can be determined using the following formula:
Last Name + First Initial of Your First Name
+ Day You Were Born
+ Last Two Digits of Your Student ID Number
Name: Michelle Student
Student ID: 5843229
TechID = studentm2329
You will need to complete your account profile and create a password with the TechID Self-Service portal. Using your Web browser, navigate to: http://techid.forsythtech.edu
- Enter your TechID, then select OK.
- Select Forgot My Password. You will be prompted for your student ID, birth date, and zip code.
- After successfully answering these questions, you will be required to complete the setup of your profile by providing answers to the challenge questions.
- After providing answers for all of the challenge questions, you will be presented a screen that will allow you to create your password.
I Need Some Help
If you have forgotten your password, please access the TechID Self-Service portal to reset your password: https://techid.forsythtech.edu
Our Student Help Desk is available at the following times:
Monday — Thursday, 7:30 am – 7 pm
Monday — Thursday, Summer break (Jul 31st – Aug 15th), 7:30 am – 5 pm
Friday, 7:30 am – 3 pm
If we are experiencing a high call volume, please leave a clear message with your name and a phone number where we can reach you. We will return your call as soon as possible.
Having problems with Registration or Blackboard?
See our Frequently Asked Questions
- Video – How to login to Techlink
This video walks you through how to determine your username and password, as well as how to login to Techlink. It also briefly goes over some of the features available to you through Techlink.
- Video – Register For A Section
This video walks you through how to register for a section in Web Advisor.
- Video – How To Add Classes To Your Preferred List
This video walks you through how to add classes to your preferred list in Web Advisor.
- Web Registration Handbook
This handbook will be helpful to you when registering for your curriculum classes using Techlink and Web Advisor.