You are currently viewing the 2013 - 2014 Academic Catalog. The current catalog is located here.
Autobody MIG Welding
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|AUB 134||Autobody MIG Welding||1||4||0||3|
|Effective Term: Summer 1997|
This course covers the terms and procedures for welding the various metals found in today’s autobody repair industry with an emphasis on personal/environmental safety. Topics include safety and precautionary measures, setup/operation of MIG equipment, metal identification methods, types of welds/joints, techniques, inspection methods and other related topics. Upon completion, students should be able to demonstrate a basic knowledge of welding operations and safety procedures according to industry standards.
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Collision Repair and Refinishing Technology - Structural Damage - Certificate (Day and Evening)
- Collision Repair and Refinishing Technology - Associate in Applied Science (Day )
- Collision Repair and Refinishing Technology - Diploma (Evening)
- Heavy Equipment and Transport Technology - Associate in Applied Science (Day)