Accessibility at Forsyth Tech
Forsyth Tech is committed to a policy of non-discrimination in employment and education and strives for compliance with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Some of the accommodations are as follows:
- Water fountains are accessible for use to individuals with disabilities.
- Power assisted and automatic doors are used throughout the campus to allow individuals assistance using doors.
- Safety mats are placed in doorways of building entrances.
- Handrails are also installed at most power assisted or motorized door entrances.
- Restrooms are available with power assisted doors and handicap accessible stalls with handrails and toilets mounted at the appropriate heights.
- Elevators are wide enough to access motorized and manual wheelchairs.
- Elevators have Braille buttons accessible to individuals with visual impairments.
- Parking is available for individuals with disabilities with spaces available for van accessibility.
- Ramps and sloped curbs are also available throughout campus to assist wheelchair bound individuals.
- Entrances, classrooms and most offices have doorways accessible to mobile assisted individuals.
- Auditorium has space availability to individuals in wheelchairs.
For additional information please contact the Disabilities Coordinator at 336.734.7155.