You are currently viewing the 2013 - 2014 Academic Catalog. The current catalog is located here.
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|ICV 110||Patient Care/Fundamentals||2||2||0||3|
|Effective Term: Fall 2005|
This course introduces specialized patient care and management, physiological monitoring, general procedure considerations and underlying fundamentals needed to perform a cardiovascular or vascular procedure. Emphasis is placed on patient preparation and communication, pressure measurements, ECG, specialized cardiac monitoring, intravenous therapy, sterile technique, infection control, legal issues, and isolation procedures. Upon completion, students should understand and demonstrate patient care management, use and function of physiological monitoring devices, and sterile technique in regards to infection control.
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Interventional Cardiac and Vascular Technology - Cardiac - Certificate (Online)
- Interventional Cardiac and Vascular Technology - Vascular - Certificate (Online)
- Interventional Cardiac and Vascular Technology - Associate in Applied Science (Day)