A Quick Guide To Tuition and Fees
Dear Students: Your Fall term bill is based on tuition rates currently in effect. The General Assembly establishes tuition rates in the State budget or related legislation. As of July 1, a budget for FY 2015-16 has not been enacted into law. Therefore, a tuition increase may be implemented later this year. To date, the General Assembly has discussed a tuition increase of up to $4 per credit hour. If the General Assembly enacts a tuition increase that becomes effective prior to January 1, 2016, you will receive a supplemental bill for the balance owed for Fall term. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Credit Track Courses
At Forsyth Tech, as at most colleges, credit track courses earn you credit hours toward a degree. Most courses earn 3-4 credit hours. Tuition is charged per credit hour and is based on your North Carolina resident or non-resident status. Information about determining resident or non-resident status is available here.
Current tuition for North Carolina residents is $72.00 per credit hour. Current tuition for non-residents is $264.00 per credit hour. Use the chart below to calculate your tuition cost based on the number of credit hours you will earn. If you take more than 16 hours in a semester, you will not be charged beyond the cost of those 16 hours. Please see Tuition and Fees or call 336.734.7210 for more information.
|# Of Credit Hours||North Carolina Residents||Non-North Carolina Residents|
|16 or more||$1,152.00||$4,224.00|
- Student Activity Fee – $35 per semester. (Fall/Spring only. No fee charged for summer term.)
- Technology Fee – $30 for students enrolled in 1-11 credit hours and $48 for students enrolled in 12 or more credit hours.
- Parking Fee – $25 for parking permit/decal for students planning to park on campus.
- Books and Supplies – Cost varies depending on courses taken.
- Liability Insurance for Health Students – All health students must purchase annual liability insurance before engaging in lab or clinical practice. The cost for the insurance varies according to the credit program and insurance carrier.
- Lab Fees – Some courses charge a lab fee for supplies, software and materials. These fees range from $10 to $191.
Please see Tuition and Fees for more information.
Economic and Workforce Development Courses
The costs of Economic and Workforce Development courses vary greatly (some are even free) and can be found in the latest Economic and Workforce Development catalog.
Net Price Calculator
The Net Price Calculator allows prospective students to calculate an estimated net price for attending Forsyth Tech using the following basic formula: Price of Attendance minus Gift Aid.
The estimates generated by the template do not represent a final determination, or actual award, of financial assistance, or a final net price. They are only estimates based on the information entered by the student, the average price of attendance and financial aid provided to students in a given year. Actual attendance costs may be different based on a variety of factors and circumstances not incorporated within the Net Price Calculator and gift aid funding levels will vary from year to year.