Money. Answers. Advice. We’re here to help.
The Student Financial Services staff is here to help you get the funds you need to pay for your education. We will work with you to obtain scholarships, financial aid and other forms of assistance for which you qualify.
The Forsyth Tech Checklist to Success in Obtaining Financial Aid
- Apply for admission to Forsyth Tech. You may apply online. This is a separate process from applying for financial aid; however, financial aid cannot be disbursed until you are approved for admission. For additional information on admission, please visit the Admissions Office page.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible after January 1 of the current year you intend to enroll in college. For additional information on applying, please visit our Application Process and Priority Processing Dates page.
- Promptly respond to all requests for information. Once the Office of Student Financial Services receives a copy of your FAFSA from the U.S. Department of Education, a checklist letter will be sent to the address on file with Forsyth Tech’s Records Office, requesting documents needed to complete your file. Once all documents are received, your financial aid file will be reviewed for a possible award.
- If it is determined that you are eligible for aid, you will receive a financial aid award letter along with several other important documents. Carefully read all materials.
- Follow-up with your Financial Aid Office Staff if you have any questions.
2014-2015 Financial Aid Forms
2013-2014 Financial Aid Forms
- Please see our Financial Aid Forms page.
Other Sources of Financial Aid
Financial aid is available from many different sources. It’s important to investigate as many financial aid sources as possible in order to determine if you qualify for funds.
- The Winston-Salem Foundation
- College Foundation of North Carolina
- North Carolina Community College Student Aid Programs
- Federal Student Aid Programs
- North Carolina Community College Childcare Grants
- The William D. Ford Direct Loan Program
- Veterans’ Information
- Federal Work Study Information
- Consumer Information
Forsyth Tech Financial Information
- Current Tuition and Fees
- Student Financial Aid Budget/Cost of Attendance 2014-2015
- Student Financial Aid Budget/Cost of Attendance 2013-2014
- Refund Guidelines
- Higher One Information
- Third Party Procedures
- Eligible Programs List
- Ineligible Programs List
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- Important Numbers
- 2013-2014 Important Dates
- 2014-2015 Important Dates
- 2014-2015 Guide to Financial Aid
If you have questions, please come by or call the Financial Services office. We are always eager to help.
Student Financial Services Office
Allman Center, 2nd Floor
Monday – Thursday….. 8 am – 7 pm
Friday………………………… 8 am – 3 pm
Need more info? Check our Financial FAQ.