Admission to the college requires a transcript from an accredited high school, an adult high school diploma program, or a high school equivalent (HSE) certificate program to approve you to a curriculum program. A college transcript can also be used to meet admission requirements. Please note that if you are applying to a health program you must submit ALL transcripts from any school you have attended.  Special credit, non-degree seeking students are not required to submit official transcripts.

Official high school or adult high school transcripts must be sent to Forsyth Tech directly from the high school or adult high school attended, or submitted electronically from an approved provider. Information about how to request transcripts is available here.

The three nationally recognized assessments used to obtain a state-issued High School Equivalency credential in North Carolina are GED®, HiSET® and TASC. Applicants who have earned the HSE certificate in North Carolina need to have a transcript certifying high school equivalency sent to the Admissions and Records Office. Instructions to request these documents are located here.

Requesting transcripts from prior colleges will vary depending on the institution. Go to the college’s website and follow the instructions to request a transcript or call the Registrar’s Office at the college for information. Transcripts submitted electronically through a secure service can be sent to Otherwise, transcripts can be mailed to our main campus address or hand delivered in a sealed envelope unopened by the student.

Students who have completed an associate’s or bachelor’s degree may substitute their official college transcript showing the graduation date in place of their high school transcript. Students desiring transfer credit must request official transcripts from each post-secondary institutions they have attended before credit can be evaluated. (Scroll down for more information on transferring credits.)


Placement Tests

Placement testing is no longer required for all students. Please read the detailed information here to determine if you need to take a placement test or contact us at with any questions.


Transferring Credits

If you have attended other post-secondary institutions, you may transfer credits in courses comparable in content, objective, quality and credit hours to those offered at Forsyth Tech. When granting a transfer credit is in question, you may be asked for supporting documentation such as a course description or course syllabus.

For accepted students, Forsyth Tech evaluates transfer credit for equivalent courses with the grade of C or better from member institutions of the North Carolina Community College System and other post-secondary institutions accredited by a regional accrediting association. Courses taken on a pass/fail basis will be considered only after receiving (in writing) the requirements necessary to receive a passing grade.

The college transfer technician, director of records and the appropriate dean in consultation with the appropriate department chairperson will make the final decision on the transfer of credit for questionable courses. A written evaluation will be sent to you.

Credits transferred from other schools will be reflected on your transcripts as hours earned and will not be used in the computation of grade point averages. A grade of TR will be given to show that the course was transferred from another college.

Many courses with technical or skill content have time limitations on the acceptance of transfer credit. This includes credits earned at Forsyth Tech, as well as at other institutions. The department chairperson responsible for the program of study determines the specific time limitations for specific courses.

Inquiries concerning transfer credits granted must be made to the college transfer technician in the Records Office during the student’s first semester of enrollment. If you are dissatisfied with the transfer credit granted, you should send a written request for re-evaluation to the Registrar. After consulting with the division dean, the Registrar will notify you of the final decision on transfer credit to be granted.