Admissions Procedures For International Students
All completed application forms and documents must be submitted directly to:
Forsyth Tech Admissions Office
2100 Silas Creek Parkway
Winston-Salem, NC 27103-5197
Please Note: Due to the extended time it takes to submit all materials needed to complete the I-20 approval process, please submit all of the information included in the application by the following application deadlines:
Fall Semester Entry (August): Deadline is May 1 for students outside the U.S and July 1 for students transferring from a U.S. school
Spring Semester Entry (January): Deadline is September 1 for students outside the U.S. and October 1 for students transferring from a U.S. school
- Download and review the complete Checklist for International Student Enrollment Process (Spanish version ). It contains important information about all admissions procedures and requirements.
- Complete the Application for Admission Form – There is a $40 Application Processing Fee. Please make check or money order payable to Forsyth Tech.
- Complete the Statement of Financial Responsibility
- Sign the F-1 Student Responsibility Agreement Form
- The Transfer Clearance Form of International Students must be completed only if you are currently residing in the U.S., and you intend to Transfer to Forsyth Tech from another U.S. college or university.
- View our most Frequently Asked Questions .
- International Students
Forsyth Tech is authorized to issue an I-20 to students who meet the International Student admissions requirements, and who are applying to study in the U.S. under a F-1 student visa.
Procedures for Enrollment
Students must submit the following:
- Forsyth Tech International (F-1) application for admission
- $40 processing fee (check or money order made payable to Forsyth Tech)
- Statement of Financial Responsibility form and supporting documentation.
- Proof of English proficiency
- TOEFL score of at least 500 (paper), 173 (computer-based), or 61 (Internet-based)
- IELTS score of 6.5 or higher
- Successful coursework in English at a high school or institution of major learning in the U.S.
- Completion of an intensive ESL language program such as Interlink
- Evaluated transcripts from a NACES agency or AACRAO
- Signed F1 student responsibility agreement outlining the rules of maintaining status on the F1 visa
- If currently enrolled on an F1 at another institution submit a signed Transfer Clearance Form submitted from the International Student office at that institution
Because Forsyth Tech is a commuter campus with no on-campus housing available, international students are expected to make their own housing arrangements.