Due to the delayed start tomorrow 2/21/2020 both the Dental Assisting and Dental Hygiene Programs will need to cancel our scheduled orientation sessions. An alternate session date will be announced next week.
Applying For Nursing & Allied Health Programs
In addition to the General Admission Requirements all credit program students must meet, students interested in pursuing a degree or diploma in any of the Forsyth Tech Health Technologies programs must follow the specific admission requirements that are listed per individual program below.
If you are interested in any of the Forsyth Tech Health Technologies programs, it is important that you complete a Mandatory Information Session. Sessions are available online or face-to-face. Information on the sessions is listed below.
Allied Health Work Experience Form
If you are applying for an Allied Health program that gives points for related work experience, access the Work Experience Form here. This form needs to be completed by your employer.
To receive points for the work experience, this form must be submitted when you come to complete the MAR. Please note that not all Allied Health programs give points for related work experience.
- Nursing – Online Information Session Presentation
- ADN/BSN Dual Enrollment Option (RIBN) Information and Admission Requirements
- ADN/BSN Dual Enrollment Option (RIBN) Information Session Dates
- LPN/BSN Dual Enrollment Option (RIBN) Information and Admission Requirements
- LPN/BSN Dual Enrollment Option (RIBN) Information Session Dates
Respiratory Therapy Program
- Respiratory Therapy Open House/Orientation (RTOHO)
- If you are having issues viewing the online orientation, please contact John Sherman at 336.757.3320 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Selective Admissions Programs
- Associate Degree Nursing
- Cardiovascular Sonography (CVS)
- Computed Tomography (CT Imaging)
- Dental Assisting
- Dental Hygiene
- Interventional Cardiac and Vascular Technology (ICV)
- LPN to RN Transition Program
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Sonography
- Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Pharmacy Technology
- Practical Nursing
- Radiation Therapy Technology
- Respiratory Therapy
- Therapeutic Massage
- Health Information Technology
All students in nuclear medicine technology, radiography and radiation therapy technology come under the radiation exposure regulations of the state and federal government (radiation safety hazard regulation). Any student who receives exposure in excess of permissible limits as defined by the regulations will be advised of the possible harmful effects and may be dropped from the curriculum. The regulations pertaining to students below the age of 18 are more stringent than those for the older student.