Finish Line Grant: Get Up to $1,000 To Complete Your Studies!
In partnership with Piedmont Triad Regional Workforce Development Board, Forsyth Tech students who have completed at least 50% of their program of study and are in good academic standing can apply for this grant to help them cross the finish line to graduation. Approval is subject to eligibility and the availability of funds.
The maximum award is $1,000. Please note that Finish Line Grants can help with tuition and fees, but it is not meant to be an ongoing source of tuition funding.
- 18 years of age or older
- A citizen of, or eligible to work in, the United States
- Be in good academic standing (GPA 2.0 or better)
- Have completed (including current enrollment) at least 50% of a program’s credit hours toward a certificate, diploma, or degree, with the exception of Transfer programs (Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, Associate in Engineering, and Associate in Fine Arts). Transfer programs are ineligible for Finish Line Grants.
- Financial emergency or unforeseen challenge
- Have completed the FAFSA and have a decision made about aid eligibility prior to applying
- EWD and Curriculum Students (except College and Career Readiness students) are eligible to apply
Examples of Emergencies that May Be Covered
- Housing assistance
- Transportation problems
- Childcare needs
- Utility bills
- Assistance with books and supplies
- Testing or certification fees
- Medical expenses
- Other needs that prevent completion of your studies
Finish Line Grant Application Steps
Due to the ever-changing nature of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, all services for the Finish Line Grant will be offered online or over the phone. If you would like to apply for a Finish Line Grant, please submit your application via email to the appropriate Forsyth Tech personnel.
- Finish Line Application
- Completed applications must be submitted to one of the offices listed below. Forsyth Tech will verify if you are at or beyond the 50% point of your training, sign off on the second page of the application and submit your application to the Piedmont Triad Regional Council (PTRC) Workforce Development Board.
This is for Curriculum students and Economic and Workforce Development students: Please submit your application to the Forsyth Tech Cares office at Finishlinegrant@forsythtech.edu. If you have questions, please call 336.734.7195 and a Forsyth Tech Cares team member will reach out to you.
- PTRC Workforce Development Board will review your application and determine if you are eligible for a grant. If approved, an NCWorks Career Center Advisor will be notified and they will contact you to schedule an appointment to complete enrollment for the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
- All applicants will be notified about the status of their application through the PTRC Workforce Development Board and/or NC Works Career Center.
- Funds will be disbursed from the PTRC Workforce Development Board and/or NCWorks Career Center after enrollment is completed and supporting documentation is submitted. Please remember that funds will not be distributed directly to you but to the entity that will provide the needed service to you.