Scholarships Available To Forsyth Tech Students
Each year scholarships are available for Forsyth Tech students. The availability of each scholarship is subject to change from year to year, based on available funds.
Forsyth Tech uses Blackbaud Award Management, an online scholarship management system that automatically matches applicants to scholarship opportunities that they are qualified to receive. This system now handles scholarship applications online; paper applications are no longer available.
The scholarship application period runs from April 1 through May 15. Applicants only need to complete one application to be considered for all of the Forsyth Tech scholarships. If a non-Forsyth Tech application is required, the scholarship information lists the appropriate website to download the application.
To access the online scholarship application, please log into the Scholarship Portal
Note: In addition to the scholarships listed on the portal, there are various individuals and organizations who contribute money yearly for scholarships to needy students. Some of the scholarships are limited to individuals enrolled in certain credit programs. Review announcements on TechLink on a regular basis regarding these additional scholarship opportunities available to Forsyth Tech students.
All financial aid awarded is based on available funds and is contingent upon the receipt of those funds by the College.
North Carolina Education Lottery Scholarship (ELS)
The North Carolina Education Lottery Scholarship program was created by the 2005 General Assembly to provide financial assistance to needy North Carolina students attending eligible colleges and universities located within the state of North Carolina. To apply for North Carolina Aid, applicants must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which is also used to qualify for Federal Pell Grants. Consideration for funding is automatic once the FAFSA is filed.
Applicant must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a North Carolina resident for tuition purposes
- Enroll for at least six credit hours per semester in a curriculum program
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements
- Be admitted, enrolled, and classified as an undergraduate student in a matriculated status in a degree, certificate, or diploma program
- Meet all eligibility requirements for the Federal Pell Grant, except the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) requirement
- Students who have already earned baccalaureate (four-year) college degrees are not eligible.
- NC Education Lottery Scholarships are not available for summer sessions.
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Other Sources of Aid
Other sources of aid not administered by Forsyth Tech are available for eligible students. Interested students should apply with the appropriate agency.
- Segal AmeriCorps Education Awards
- The William H. Andrews/Housing Authority of Winston-Salem Scholarship
- Crosby Scholars Program
- Experiment in Self-Reliance (ESR) New Century IDA Crosby Scholar Program
- Golden L.E.A.F. Scholarship
- Golden L.E.A.F. Transfer Scholarship
- Grainger Tools for Tomorrow Scholarship
- Hispanic League Scholarships
- North Carolina Early Childhood Credential (T.E.A.C.H.) Scholarship Program
- Local Hospital Scholarship/Loan Programs
- North Carolina National Guard Tuition Assistance Plan (TAP)
- North Carolina Division of Veterans Affairs (State VA Scholarship)
- Lettie Pate Whitehead Foundation, Inc. Scholarships
- Professional Women of Winston-Salem Scholarship
- R. J. Reynolds Foundation Vocational/Technical Scholarships
- Winston-Salem Foundation Scholarships With Common Application
- Winston-Salem Foundation Scholarships With Separate Applications
- Winston-Salem Medical Group Managers
- Winston-Salem/Twin City Kiwanis
- Workforce Investment Act (WIA)