Requesting Transcripts

Online Request

Some North Carolina public high schools have the capability to electronically send official high school transcripts when you apply online. We encourage you to visit your school counselor to verify coursework and grades prior to requesting an electronic transcript.

To send an electronic transcript, you must:

  • Complete our online application.
  • Make sure you have entered the following information in your profile and/or application:
    • First and Last Name – This must match your NCWISE name (use the name that appears on your report card, or check with your high school counselor).
    • NCWISE Student ID – Your NCWISE Student ID is your public high school student identifier number and can be found on your report card. Providing the NCWISE Student ID is voluntary and will give you the opportunity to request your high school transcript electronically.
    • Current High School
    • Date of Birth
    • Email Address
    • Gender
  • Be currently enrolled, or enrolled at the time of graduation, at a participating public high school in North Carolina that has converted from the SIMS system to NCWISE to manage student data. If you are not sure about your school’s current status, or its status at the time you graduated, check with your school counselor or office staff.

If these conditions are met when you submit your application, you will then be presented with the option of sending your high school transcript electronically to Forsyth Tech. 

GED® Applicants

Applicants who have earned the GED® certificate in North Carolina are requested to have a transcript certifying high school equivalency sent to the Admissions Office.

Write to:

State GED®  Administrator
Department of Community Colleges
200 West Jones Street
Raleigh, N.C.  27603-1337

The Admissions Office mailing address is:

Admissions Office
Forsyth Technical Community College
2100 Silas Creek Parkway
Winston-Salem, N.C.  27103-5197

Home School Graduates

If the applicant has been home schooled, the home school administrator must provide an official home school transcript. Home school administrators from outside North Carolina must provide proof from their respective states that the home school is approved to provide instruction.

For general information, please contact the Admissions Office at 336.734.7556 or at