You are currently viewing the 2015 - 2016 Academic Catalog. The current catalog is located here
Rational Express/Equation NEW VERSION
||Rational Express/Equation NEW VERSION
|Prerequisites: (DMA 010, DMA 020, DMA 030, DMA 040, DMA 050 and DMA 060) or (DMA 040, DMA 050, DMA 060, and MAT 060) or (DMA 060, MAT 060, and MAT 070) or (DMA 010, DMA 020, DMA 030, DMA 060, and MAT 070)
|Effective Term: Fall 2014
|This course provides a study of problems involving algebraic representations of rational equations. Topics include simplifying and performing operations with rational expressions and equations, understanding the domain, and determining the reasonableness of an answer. Upon completion, students should be able to find algebraic solutions to contextual problems with rational applications.
· Represent and solve contextual application problems involving operations on rational expressions and/or equations.
· Explain the reasonableness of solutions found.
·Student Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate the use of a problem solving strategy to include multiple representations of the situation, organization of the information, and algebraic representation of rational equations.
2. Identify the domain of a rational expression.
3. Multiply and divide rational expressions.
4. Add and subtract rational expressions.
5. Solve basic rational equations.
2015FA - New Course Version (S24129)
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)