You are currently viewing the 2017 - 2018 Academic Catalog/Student Handbook. The current catalog is located here.
Applied Communications I
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|ENG 101||Applied Communications I||3||0||0||3|
|Effective Term: Summer 1997|
This course is designed to enhance reading and writing skills for the workplace. Emphasis is placed on technical reading, job-related vocabulary, sentence writing, punctuation, and spelling. Upon completion, students should be able to identify main ideas with supporting details and produce mechanically correct short writings appropriate to the workplace. This is a diploma-level course.
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Air Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Technology - Diploma (Day)
- Automotive Systems Technology - Diploma (Evening)
- Carpentry - Diploma (Day )
- Collision Repair and Refinishing Technology - Diploma (Evening)
- Diesel and Heavy Equipment Technology - Diploma (Day)
- Electrical Systems Technology - Diploma (Day)
- Graphic Arts and Imaging Technology - Diploma (Day)
- Plumbing - Diploma (Day)
- Welding Technology - Diploma (Day)
- Welding Technology - Diploma (Evening)