You are currently viewing the 2017 - 2018 Academic Catalog/Student Handbook. The current catalog is located here.
Intro to Paralegal Study
|Course||Course Title||Class||Lab/ Shop||Clinical/ Co-op||Credit|
|LEX 110||Intro to Paralegal Study||2||0||0||2|
|Prerequisites: DRE 098|
|Effective Term: Fall 2006|
This course introduces the paralegal profession and the legal system, and an emphasis is placed on the role of professional and legal ethics. Topics include regulations, ethics, case analysis, legal reasoning, career opportunities, professional organizations, terminology and other related topics. Upon completion, the student should be able to explain the role of a paralegal and identify the skills, knowledge, and ethics required of paralegals.
2012FA - New Local Prereq: ENG 090 and RED 090
2014FA - Revised Local Prereq from ENG 090 and RED 090 to DRE 098
- : Comprehensive Articulation Agreement - This course is recommended for students transferring to a four-year university.
- : Local Requirement
- : Instructional Service Agreement
- : Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC)
- : Global Distinction
- : Requisite(s)
This Course can be found in these Programs of Study
- Paralegal Technology - Legal Assistant - Certificate NEW (Day and Evening)
- Paralegal Technology - Associate in Applied Science (Day)
- Paralegal Technology - Associate in Applied Science (Evening)
- Paralegal Technology - Diploma (Day and Evening)